Whoa! That is one record bad cover, hey?
So the year was 1988 and there was some pretty good songs in the top ten. In fact I think I’ve heard more of this year’s songs on the radio than the year we did last week, 1987!
1. I’ve had the time of my life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
2. Simply Irresistible by Robert Palmer
3. The Flame by Cheap Trick
4. Get Outta My Dreams (and into my car) by Billy Ocean
5. I Should be so Lucky by Kylie Minogue
6. Perfect by Fairground Attraction
7.What a Wonderful World by Louise Armstrong
8. Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley
9. Age of Reason by John Farnham
10. Better be Home Soon by Crowded House
Ain’t there some good songs here?! So, I don’t remember what year Dirty Dancing hit Australia – Wikapedia says it was a 1987 movie, but there aren’t any musical references to it in 87, so I’m wondering if it didn’t show over here, until ’88. I remember seeing this movie for the first time and being blown away. I’d never seen people dance like that, never seen someone so beautiful as Patrick Swayze and never, ever been exposed to the adult themes in that film. It remains to this day my all time, ALL TIME, favourite. And I love the music that came with it. I’ll just also have you know that I bawled when ‘Johnny’ said ‘No one put’s Baby in a corner,’ the same way I bawled when Patrick died a few years ago.
I remember dancing to this song at our school social, all the tie wishing I could dance like the people in that movie!
Come on, I’ve bared soul, bare yours! What was your favourite song of 1988?